Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

My big day finally came and went. I drove up last Thursday to Austin. Mal and I headed to Bookpeople to get our wristbands to meet Ree Drummond. It was a very funny experience for me. I was star struck. It was ridiculous. Mal and I had fun, it was good to see her and Alvin and we had a champagne toast to her engagement. Woo wee Mal!
Nice to meet you too Ree!

I woke up Friday morning at the crack of dawn and headed home. I drove home thru snow and sleet and the moment I walked in the door I had 15 minutes to pack my bag to leave again. We grabbed our kiddos from school and then headed to the farm. We drove thru some beautiful snow covered towns but the farm was not one of those places. It was FREEZING though. Jeez I want summer back. Please hurry. I miss flip flops and sweating.
Haley and I baked cookies and we let everyone help us decorate them.



Saturday night Lola, Brady, Austin, Terah, and myself headed to Palestine to ride The Polar Express. We went to the North Pole and met Santa. The kids enjoyed hot chocolate and cookies on the trip. Santa gave all of the kids a bell. It was very fun.






Stay warm everyone!








1 comment:

  1. I like the cold! It makes it feel like Christmas! The cold also gives me an excuse to stay in bed on the weekends, drinking hot chocolate, and watching Christmas movies. Rough life. That Polar Express ride looks fun!

    ReplyDelete